What image formats to save EDR compatible renderings (and how)?

I'm trying to set a complete pipeline that conforms to the EDR environment. Currently, I am able to generate a half-float buffer that contains my renderings after using my own tone mapping (and of course, with values that can be greater than 1). 

Firstly, I have to say that this produces really awesome outputs on the new M1 XDR screen! But now, I would like to keep this extended buffer into an image file... I found no clear answer in the excellent WWDC presentation video (WWDC 2021 10161).  ken Greenebaum talks about creating CGImage or texture from HDR resources, but I found nothing about the reverse operation. 

So what are Apple’s recommendations and required formats for such an image with float channels? HEIC? PNG? JPEG 2000? OpenEXR? With what kind of extended range color space? Extended linear display P3? Is the resultant image viewable in HDR in macOS. How can I complement the pipeline? I can use OpenEXR, but I have no clue on how this will be rendered by macOS, the finder and Preview (is 111 reference white? Can I attach a color space to OpenEXR? ...)

At the moment, I had no success with the HEIC format which I thought was the predestined format for this kind of task, but which I failed to generate beyond 8 bits by using the standard CGImage API.

By advance, thanks  for your help!