Xcode cannot download and install symbols for watchOS 8.3(19S55)

Hello,

I am receiving nearly the same error message as the following post but the version number is newer: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/661873

Looks like this is something Apple needs to fix on their end. It is preventing me from moving forward with on-device debugging and I don't have older symbols like the workaround options in that thread.

Can Apple fix this for us?

Full error message: "Could not download and install symbols for watchOS 8.3 (19S55). Failed to download package from ADC. There are now valid accounts registered with Xcode that have the ability to access this resource."

I'm using Xcode 13.2.1

I do have a valid Apple developer subscription as well and it is connected through Xcode.

Replies

I'm having the same problem right now. Everything worked fine until last night, when the errors you're describing came up. I'd seen that there was a new version of watchOS, and a new iOS, so I updated both. Now it's failing while trying to install symbols for watchOS 8.4.2.

OK, I think I found an annoying solution. Turn off your network on your computer. I figured it might be something to do with my network security, so I checked my Eero settings and there was an available update. So I ran it, and as soon as the network connection went down, I could build and run on my phone without it complaining about the problem.

The network came back up, and I can still build.

So there you go.

I'm having the same problem, symbols for watchOS 8.4.2 (19S553) cannot be downloaded.

Since yesterday issue seems solved, I can download symbol.