Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

• Same issue here. Same Xcode and OS versions, on M1. I tried removing and re-adding the package, but that didn't fix it.

• :( Same issue. Even tried creating a brand new Swift Package (blank w/one test) and still seeing the issue, so it doesn't seem project specific...

• Same issue here.

Apple Recommended

• If they have fixed it, why isn't it available as an update via the usual Software Update in System Preferences?

• I needed to click UPDATE on the Xcode 13 page in the App Store. Maybe this was because the server was very busy at that time. Anyway, 13.2.1 is working now.

• Now the app store update is stuck in going from 13.2 to 13.2.1, looks like I have to delete the previous store version.

Replies

^^^ Exactly, what's a big deal ? Xcode that was bundled with the OS update is flawed, Getting the fresh one directly fixes it.

Could it be an issue with certificates, access rights?

Zhen Keng Die;

Same for me.

I have really difficult to accept from Apple such a painful application to use on a daily basis and especially after an update. The latest version 13.2 (13C90) gives me an internal error: missingPackageDesciptionModule, which simply makes the application unusable. And here is a day to pass the time to find a solution without much help and excuse on behalf of Apple.

Another bunch of gigabytes ..... Apple please wake up

Uninstall ur Xcode and reinstall from developer.apple.com > account > downloads > release > applications > Xcode 13.2

Same issue :/ I can't even run my project now!!!!

Add a Comment

I'm having the same issue. Can't even run a simple hello world program; much less my work.

Also having the same issue. Any updates Apple?

Same issue. Apple, do you need more better developers. contact with me!

I'm also facing the same problem. Exactly as described, I updated Xcode to 13.2 via Mac App Store and its additional components.

Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule

After having XTools fail from the app store, after some searching i was able to find the download version in the Developers Section.

It took a very long time to install, and afterwords, crashed upon launch. I'm now reinstalling again, but am not too optimistic about this.

I had the same issue:

Internal error: missing PackageDescriptionModule

My current system:

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
  • macOS Monterey 12.1
  • Xcode 13.2

I downloaded Xcode 13.2 from the developer page as advised on the first page of this forum and this fixed the issue. Hoping the AppStore version gets fixed soon.

Running into this as well. I downloaded the xib from developer site and it fixed it, but then I quit Xcode, reopened it and the error came back!

Replacing it with a fresh copy works each time, but definitely looking for a solution to this!

same here. all my project is broken and can't load spm at all. Omg.

Same issue, completely shut down from development by this. Monterey 12.0.1, Xcode 13.2,. M1 mac