Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

• Same issue here. Same Xcode and OS versions, on M1. I tried removing and re-adding the package, but that didn't fix it.

• :( Same issue. Even tried creating a brand new Swift Package (blank w/one test) and still seeing the issue, so it doesn't seem project specific...

• Same issue here.

Apple Recommended

• If they have fixed it, why isn't it available as an update via the usual Software Update in System Preferences?

• I needed to click UPDATE on the Xcode 13 page in the App Store. Maybe this was because the server was very busy at that time. Anyway, 13.2.1 is working now.

• Now the app store update is stuck in going from 13.2 to 13.2.1, looks like I have to delete the previous store version.

Replies

It's terrible, waste time to download Xcode again. Fortunately, I didn't remove the pod file from my project. Remove all SPM packages, and reuse cocoapods , clean build folder, restart Xcode. The issue was gone

Same issue with me!

I have a similar issue building an installer plugin which has as Swift package included (don't ask me why). I got different but similar build error messages initially. I installed the additional tools required by Xcode and also updated the command line tools xcode-select --install. After all the updates my latest error is:

Cleaning Installer Plugin...
xcodebuild: error: Could not resolve package dependencies:
  Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule
Build failed at "all" action with error:
Fail: ./installer-plugin/build.sh returned code 74
Aborted.

That's my build command:

local symroot="$(xcodebuild -showBuildSettings -project "${XCB_PROJECT}" -scheme "${XCB_SCHEME}" | grep SYMROOT | sed -n 2p | sed -e 's#.*=\(\)#\1#' | sed 's/^ *//g')"

same here!!!!

Remove the Xcode updated by App Store, and download it from https://developer.apple.com/services-account/download?path=/Developer_Tools/Xcode_13.2/Xcode_13.2.xip Error disappears after that.

• Apparently, that's not a 100% fix.

In my case the release version from the downloads section crashes on launch.

Only the 13.2 RC version specifically is working for me.

Something has definitely gone very wrong with this release.

Add a Comment

Apple can't remove the App Store version, so perhaps the backend is broken and they don't have a backup. But it would nice if they would come clean and tell us what the **** is going on. Their refusal to own up and communicate is quite normal, so good luck to those waiting for approval.

Isn't this the one where you have to remove the IDESourceControlKnownSSHHostsDefaultsKey key from ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist ? IIRC I had to do this after upgrading to 13.x.

https://forums.swift.org/t/according-to-xcode-the-identity-of-a-repository-hosted-on-github-com-has-changed/53560/6

Apple, thanks for looking into this, very appreciated.

However, how are you guys testing lately?

Same issue for me as well. Xcode and M1 sucks me too much!!

Same issue here. also if I try to reinstall the packages it will freeze on " Preparing to validate ".

• The original issue is likely very related to this.

Add a Comment

Same issue here

I downgraded my Xcode to 13.2RC and that worked.

Same issue here, Xcode 13.2, Monterey 12.1

Same issue here using Apple Swift Packages for management. Not a big fan of this solution, but it worked for me in at least one app. I removed all packages from my project and attempted to re-add and like others here got the hang up on "preparing to validate." Since that didn't want to work I just reinstalled via cocoapods. Everything is back up and running without any issues. Granted I did not edit any of my pod code files so reinstalling wasn't a major problem.

Best of luck all.

Apple's mistake is clear, but I wonder why people don't read the accepted answer. 🤨 Once you download Xcode 13.2 from the developer site, the problem is solved.

• People do read it the answer, but downloading and unpacking 10 GB takes the better part of a day. The problem of thousands of waisted developer days is not solved.

Add a Comment