What is necessary to use the microphone in OSX notarized app?

I've checked my notarized app's bundle and it contains an Info.plist which contains the NSMicrophoneUsageDescription pair that is expected.

The notarized app bundle is killed every time the code requests permission to use the microphone.

The very same app bundle, before notarization, works as expected, reporting that permission has been granted even though the user dialog never appears.

What is different about the notarized app bundle that would cause it to be killed when requesting permission to use the microphone?

Answered by MikeAtBookup in 697953022

It turns out that an entitlement must also be added. I added the "audio input" entitlement and the notarized version started correctly asking for permission to use the microphone using the NSMicrophoneUsageDescription paired description string.

Info.plist which contains the NSMicrophoneUsageDescription pair 

Do you mean the key and the description string (must not be empty) ?

Accepted Answer

It turns out that an entitlement must also be added. I added the "audio input" entitlement and the notarized version started correctly asking for permission to use the microphone using the NSMicrophoneUsageDescription paired description string.

What is necessary to use the microphone in OSX notarized app?

Q