Export Archive fails with provisioning profile

Hi,

I have a macOS app bundle with multiple binaries. I can create an archive, notarize it and export the app bundle all within Xcode. But when I try to export the archive from the command line I get an error message:

╰─$ xcodebuild -exportArchive -archivePath myarchive.xcarchive -exportOptionsPlist myarchiveExportOptions.plist -exportPath ~/Desktop -verbose
2021-12-06 09:03:39.241 xcodebuild[15117:509468] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path "/var/folders/qj/55jnf34d0dz7nrjmw9kkvj6c0000gn/T/....xcdistributionlogs".
error: exportArchive: helperBinary does not support provisioning profiles.

Error Domain=IDEProvisioningErrorDomain Code=10 "helperBinary does not support provisioning profiles." UserInfo={IDEDistributionIssueSeverity=3, NSLocalizedDescription=helperBinary does not support provisioning profiles., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=helperBinary does not support provisioning profiles, but provisioning profile someName distribution has been manually specified. Remove this item from the "provisioningProfiles" dictionary in your Export Options property list.}

** EXPORT FAILED **

This is the export options plist I use (that's the one Xcode has exported):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>destination</key>
	<string>export</string>
	<key>method</key>
	<string>developer-id</string>
	<key>provisioningProfiles</key>
	<dict>
		<key>...</key>
		<string>someName distribution</string>
	</dict>
	<key>signingCertificate</key>
	<string>Developer ID Application</string>
	<key>signingStyle</key>
	<string>manual</string>
	<key>teamID</key>
	<string>...</string>
</dict>
</plist>

How can I exclude the helper binary for the provisioning profile during the export of the archive? The main executable uses endpoint security.

Add a Comment