Explain the reason for a crash from the crash report

I have a crash report and i want to know from it why an app crashed running on iphone with 0S 15.1

Replies

That crash report seems to be missing some bits. It looks like a new-style JSON crash report, but it’s not valid JSON. Did you deliberately leave bits out? If so, please post the whole thing using the process described in Posting a Crash Report. If not, where did you get this crash report from?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Yes, this was just a snippet. It is a crash report from a device. I have attached a full new report

I have attached a full new report

Thanks. In the user-readable form of that report I see this:

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

which means the process died because it hit a trap. The most common cause of such traps is the Swift runtime, for example, if you force unwrap an optional that’s nil or access an array out of bounds.

The backtrace of the crashing thread is this:

Thread 0 Crashed::   Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Chirp      0x100d6ce54
1   Chirp      0x100d6cd42
2   Chirp      0x100d6c746
3   Chirp      0x100d69af6
4   Chirp      0x100d69c0e
5   UIKitCore  0x1830b815c -[UIViewController _sendViewDidLoadWithAppearanceProxyObjectTaggingEnabled] + 108 …

Frame 5 is UIKit. I’m not familiar with that part of the code but the method name suggests it’s issuing a viewDidLoad() call. Frames 4 through 0 are all your code. This suggests that UIKit has called one of your viewDidLoad() methods, which has called a bunch of code that has ultimately hit a Swift runtime trap.

To debug this further you need to symbolicate the log to identify the code in frames 4 through 0. See Adding Identifiable Symbol Names to a Crash Report.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thank you for the detail

Add a Comment

Thank you for your help. With this i will try and debug further