Outlook search not works in Monterey

I have a new MBP M1, with fresh Monterey. I moved my data with the assistant from the old MBP, I have all the letters in Outlook (v15.46), but search in Outlook not works, it gives a "No results found" message in all folders. Old methods for reindex Spotlight is not working (eg. add and remove Main Profile to Spotlight). How can I solve this problem? Thanks

Post marked as downvoted Up vote post of moroczi Down vote post of moroczi
68k views
  • Same issue on Mac Book Pro 14 on Monterey. Outlook shows no search results. Tried following steps:

Deleting/Adding exchange accountInstalling Outlook againAdding and removing Outlook Profile from Spotlight privacy tab per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/outlook-for-mac/useful-tools
  • Same issue here. I setup my new 16" MBP M1 Max using target mode a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Setup another user using the same method and his indexing didn't work. Had to set the machine up from scratch for it to start working properly. We both ran the update today and now we're getting "No results". I did all of the suggestions from Microsoft and none of them work.

• Im on the latest 12.1 Monterey and the latest version of Outlook V 16.56 (21121100) and my search has stopped working also as well as my smart folder which is supposed to show my flagged emails but now shows "No results"

Replies

Same problem here. New MBP 14" with Monterey 12.0.1. Outlook search without any results. About to raise a ticket on MSFT, as Spotlight search finds emails, but not in Outlook, also tried rebuild of search and new Outlook Profile now good.

• Hello, now everything is working correctly? can you write me how you rebuild the search?

Add a Comment

I have the same Outlook search issue on my recently migrated user profile. I tried all the tricks outlined in the forums ... to no avail. However, when I create a new user, and set up Outlook (with the same email address) the search works without problems.

So, the search issue is linked to a user migrated profile. Hopefully Microsoft / Apple solve the issue soon.

new MPB, monterey 12.01, outlook 16.55. just to keep this on the radar, same problem, search not working on email or contacts, can see them in spotlight Tried all the spotlight tricks, reinstalled outlook 365. nothing works. Microsoft tech help unable to provide fix, if you can get hold of them....

• New Outlook button at Top resolved the issue

Add a Comment

I have exactly the same problem with brand new MBP 14"....missing the e-mail search option is making work harder

Same problem. 2021 MBP 14" running Monterey 12.0.1

If you are using Outlook 2021 try toggling on "New Outlook" - is right below the Search window. For me this fixes the Search function. I do not like some of the ways the new interface works so have kept it turned off but it does seem to fix the search function.

• This also solved the issue for me! Thanks for posting this suggestion. But indeed: I also don't like the new interface...

Add a Comment

Switching to "New Outlook" resolved the issue for me, seach now works Outlook 16.55 (21111400) 1.0.1 Montery

• I have this version (16.55 (21111400) but it is still not working. Maybe Calaul is right, the problem is only with migrated profiles. Any idea to rebuild the migrated database?

• I deleted the profile, deleted from trash and rebuilt profile a few times with same results of no improvement. I'm on 16.57 Outlook and 12.1 Monterey. To be fair after a dy using "New Outlook" I had other issues like mail stuck in Outbox. Deleted and rebuilt profile again so will see.

Add a Comment

Switching to "New Outlook" resolved the issue for me, search now works Outlook 16.55 (21111400) Montery 12.0.1. But I do not like new outlook, now being forced to used

• I do not believe that works with Exchange

• jmhalvo - most of my mailboxes are Exchange and works - except after a few hours I had mail stuck in outbox. Redid the mails in native client to get them sent and did yet another rebuild of the profile.

Add a Comment

Hi all, I don't believe there is a fix if you want to stay with Outlook 2016. However, I updated to the latest software with Office 365 and it is working fine again. I am also using the "New" Outlook toggle. So there is a fix, it just might not be suitable for people who don't have an office subscription.

I guys, i have this same exact issue. i'm on macOS 12.0.1 Microsoft outlook for mac 16.55 I do not see a toggle for new outlook, my hosting is a pop account.

Anyone got a this to work?

• Should be in upper right corner of Outlook - just to the left of the Search box? Also can choose Outlook from the Outlook menu bar and pick New Outlook from the pull down menu.

• non existent... maybe its location based ... i'm trying the comment below to see if it works...

Add a Comment

same problem here but finally found what works for me. I reindexed, I removed my account and added it again, I even migrated my laptop all over again and nothing. Finally what worked was instead of adding the "Main Profile" to the privacy list to reindex..I added the "Macintosh HD" to the privacy list, restarted my laptop, then went back to the privacy tab, removed "Macintosh HD" and then let my laptop sit for about an hour(make sure it doesn't turn off) and FINALLY FINALLY it works. I can search my emails on outlook. If you click on finder, on the list on the left under locations, right click on Macintosh HD "show enclosing folder" then you will see Macintosh HD with the disk image next to it. drag that to the privacy tab. Really hope this helps you all. I spent 2 long days trying to get this figured out. I am using MBPro 16" Monterey 12.0.1 16.55 version outlook. and I kept the old outlook, not the new one.

• Thank you so much, now everything is working just fine! :)

• After refresh this webpage everyday for a month, find the real resolution finally! It did resolve the issue! Thanks so much!

• How do you drag to the privacy tab as instructed here

same problem here but finally found what works for me. I reindexed, I removed my account and added it again, I even migrated my laptop all over again and nothing. Finally what worked was instead of adding the "Main Profile" to the privacy list to reindex..I added the "Macintosh HD" to the privacy list, restarted my laptop, then went back to the privacy tab, removed "Macintosh HD" and then let my laptop sit for about an hour(make sure it doesn't turn off) and FINALLY FINALLY it works. I can search my emails on outlook. If you click on finder, on the list on the left under locations, right click on Macintosh HD "show enclosing folder" then you will see Macintosh HD with the disk image next to it. drag that to the privacy tab. Really hope this helps you all. I spent 2 long days trying to get this figured out. I am using MBPro 16" Monterey 12.0.1 16.55 version outlook. and I kept the old outlook, not the new one.

• Thank you! You helped me!

• my friend you are a genius!! thank you!!!!

• Please-give instructions one more time but simpler for us dummies

I ran into this same issue on a migration to a new MBP running Montery. I tried all the standard things, but the final fix for me was to reindex '~/Library/Group\ Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook\ 15\ Profiles/' using the spotlight privacy adding and removing. Worth a try if nothing else is working for you

Hello everybody, pls check ijose83's post, it solved the problem for me. Thanks a lot!

Uh oh....just did the Monterey 12.1 update this afternoon. The Outlook search problem is back....and I had just fixed it using ijose83's fix. I tried doing the ijose83 solution again, but to no avail. The search problem persists. Anyone smarter than me have any ideas? :)

• i just did the update and well and the same thing for me. I'm running the reindexing again just to verify

• Yep, its broken on 12.1 now and I can't get it sorted using the above solution. Hope this gets fixed somehow as its a real pain.

• Same problem here, Outlook search actually worked ok before the Monterey 12.1 update. Now not working. Using a new mbp M1max, with a migrated profile. All working fine til 12.1 update. Will try reindexing.