Xcode 13 key bindings problems

Since I installed Xcode 13, I have problems with the key bindings. I use a French keyboard (AZERTY) Exemple with "Comment selection". The default key shortcut is ⌘\ and I never changed it before. With Xcode 13, the shortcut is ⌘?. Even if I change the bindings.

On a French keyboard, I need to press shift to get "/" The shortcut remains the same.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of AJSullivan Down vote post of AJSullivan
3.4k views
Add a Comment

Replies

Same here with a German keyboard.

Same problem here, Xcode 13.1, German keyboard, inside menu there is "ß" instead of "?".

Same with a Spanish keyboard.

Same here for a Swiss German keyboard: CMD+SHIFT+7 would be equivalent to CMD+/... unable to type on macOS Monterey with Xcode 13.1... but it worked fine on Big Sur!

I've created feedback FB9770204.

Same problem with German keyboard. Hope that this will be fixed with 13.2.

Just found a workaround for this nasty bug while waiting for it to be fixed. I can't believe a bug that big got out in an XCode release...

https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSProgramming/comments/qr5bwb/comment/hl4ab0f/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Well, after setting shortcut in Xcode to CMD+SHIFT+7 it ended up as CMD+SHIFT+/ but on German keyboard the key / does not exist without modifier key, but in fact this is a different shortcut.

So for me the solution was quite simple in the end: using the numbers of the NumPad to assign a shortcut in Xcode works …

CMD+SHIFT+NumPad7

Hope this helps.

Thank you aDope, the trick with mapping the shortcut using the NumPad works great, and you can even use the normal Cmd-Shift-7 shortcut without the NumPad after.

Same issue here too, although it started happening since Xcode 13.3 and MacOS 12.3. Xcode 13 is the worst release yet. From 1 issue to another. Regret upgrading a big time