Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

• Yes same here immediately after installing Monterey. Once Macbook goes to sleep , wakes unable to scroll mouse. Requires a restart to get it to work

• same problem with macbook air m1

• same here, I am on a MacBook Pro M1

Accepted Reply

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

• Hi all, I have this problem now on 12.1. On previous release was all OK on my brand new Macbook pro 14" with M1Pro.

• me 2 on iMac with 12.01. Switch mouse off and on again fixes it.

• worked for me. thanks twobeatkick

Replies

Same problem on imac 27" 2019. Scolling stops after awake from sleep. This is really bad..

Same here on iMac

The same problem on MacBook Pro M1, with Magic Mouse 2

Same issue with MM2 on MBA M1 scrolling suddenly seems to stop, touchpad scroll works fine. Power cycle of mouse "solves" the problem.

Same problem on imac 27" 2017 with 12.0.1. Scolling with Magicmouse 2 stops after awake from sleep. After switch off and switch on again, it works but this is really bad.

Hi, since the release of macOS 12.0.1, scrolling the magic mouse does not work after waking up the Mac M1

I don't know if this has been posted but you can turn off and on the bluetooth function from MacOS. Once the connection becomes active, scroll function is revived. I have a second generation magic mouse with lightning. No need to restart.

Glad to know i wasn't the only one questioning this! Each time my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) goes to sleep, the scroll and gestures don't work on my magic mouse. i have to disconnect the mouse each time. hopes this gets solved in the next update !

I found that turning off the switch on the bottom of my mouse then turning it back on reconnected the scroll function. Not sure why but it's a simple fix till Apple sends out an update.

I have this problem too, and my mouse often freezes and can’t move normally.......

Same issue here. MBP M1 12.0.1 with MM2.

November 14, 2021

Same problem. Magic Mouse scroll stops working.

MacBook Pro M1 Monterey 12.0.1

Driving me crazy ...

Requires restart on MB Pro - the "we are aware of the problem" needs to be accompanied by a time estimate for when the problem will be addressed.

Can confirm; mouse restart fixes.

Same here, I have a M1 MBA with the same issue with Apple Magic Mouse 2. If I power off the mouse and power it back on it appears to fix it for me. Not a great solution, but better than a reboot of the MBA.