Xcode 13.1: What happened to shortcuts on international keyboards?

For "centuries" commenting selected source code lines, which was "Cmd+/" on US keyboards was "Cmd+Shift+7" on German keyboards.

Now (Xcode 13.1 on macOS 12.0.1) it is "Cmd-ß".

Indentation (US keyboards: "Cmd+[" and "Cmd+]") has moved from "Cmd+Alt+5" and "Cmd+Alt+6" to "Cmd+Ö" and "Cmd+Ä". This is strange since it does not make any sense. On German keyboards you reach "/", "[" and "]" using the keys 5, 6, 7 with Shift or Alt modifiers.

And the really bad thing is: You can't change it. If you change the key bindings in the preferences, it has no effect.

When I'm coding right now, I get always confused typing the shortcuts, I used for so many years, and seeing them not working anymore. Please, I want them back!

I found comment on shift + cmd + ? on a Swedish keyboard, but it is shown in preferences as cmd + /. It broke after installing Monterey. I deleted the rest because it was not constructive.

Having the same problem here...

same here

German keyboard... same here :-(

Found a workaround.

1. Change the shortcut to something custom in Xcode

2. Open ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/UserData/Keybindings/Default.idekeybindings in a text editor

3. Change the shortcut to @$7

i.e.

<key>Keyboard Shortcut</key>
<string>@$7</string>

You'll need to do it for all 4 comment shortcuts.

same here. Very unsatisfying to have your usual workflow crashed by an IDE update. Especially when you can't change it back

Thanks, Apple, the usual keyboard shortcuts are back in Xcode 13.2! 👍

Nina

The shortcuts in Xcode 13.1 were localized: they were the same key combinations for every keyboard and language, or what made the most sense. After a few days using them, I got accustomed and really enjoyed the small boost of productivity they gave me. This was hard at first but the reward was worth it.

Now with Xcode 13.2 they took this feature back and I have to mentally remap the shortcuts to the previous one (argh). That's too bad. They may have had to revert the modification because too much people were complaining (may they be right or wrong). Now I am stuck with the previous shortcuts although I have tasted the new ones and preferred them.

Maybe the best option would be to let people choose what shortcuts they prefer? Or when to take the step to learn the new shortcuts and get a productivity gain?

The recent Xcode releases are absolute ridiculous. Always dealing with some kind of issue.

Oh dear, that happened again with Xcode 14 🤦‍♂️

Xcode 13.1: What happened to shortcuts on international keyboards?

Q