"Failed to create provisioning profile." in Xcode 13.0

This is first time I am generating archive for a React native app for IOS. A provisioning profile (without an iOS device as I don't have one) was generated under paid dev account.

But under Signing & Capacities, Xcode pops up error of "Failed to create provisioning profile"

How to fix this problem? Please help.

Replies

Hey @iTie,

Thanks for posting!

What I would suggest is turning off "Automatically Manage Signing" in Xcode and then manually selecting the profile after downloading it to you local machine and then double clicking it to open it and install it (CMD + O will also do the trick).

You are most likely running into issues since the profile that you are showing in the portal was created by Xcode (XC in the front of the name), but if you have manually modified it Xcode sometimes runs into problems.

Once you have done this you should be able to switch back to Automatically Manage Signing and have Xcode take ownership of the profile again. At least this works for me.

Hopefully this helps!

Hello @ChunMN, thank you for the info. Will try manual first and move from there. The provisioning profile generated may miss signing certificates.

• When choosing manual, there is another error saying that there is no signing certificate and it is none under the signing certificate. Is there a way a signing certificate can be added. there is a signing certificate added to keychain.

Add a Comment

Here is an article I followed to solve the problem by redo:

https://blog.codemagic.io/how-to-code-sign-publish-ios-apps/

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of iTie Down vote reply of iTie
Add a Comment