How to? ShazamKit and streaming audio?

Hi all,

I have an app that is playing music from http live streams using AVPlayer. Have been trying to figure out how to use ShazamKit to recognise the music playing but I just can't figure out how to do it :-( Works well with local files and microphone recordings, but how do I get the data from a stream that is currently playing??? Feels like I tried everything...

Have tried to install an MTAudioProcessingTap but it doesn't seem to work on streaming assets even though I can get hold of the proper AVAssetTrack containing the audio. No callback with data are received? Bug?

I can open the streaming url and just save the bytes to disk and that's fine, but I'm not in sync with what is playing in AVPlayerItem so the recognition isn't working with the same audio data as the user is currently hearing. Hmmm.

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome. It would be such a nice feature for my app so I'm really looking forward to solving this.

Thx in advance / Jörgen, Bitfield

• Hi again,

As I didn't get any ideas here on how to solve this problem I decided to reach out to Apple Technical Support and ask the Apple devs. This is the baffling answer I got.

"Thank you for contacting Apple Developer Technical Support (DTS). We have reviewed your request and have concluded that there is no supported way to achieve the desired functionality given the currently shipping system configurations."

Wow! Need to file a request for this. Seems odd that you can't do this in 2021.

• Hello Jorgen i have same issue get Please any idea what we do.

Add a Comment