“iPhone” is busy: Making the device ready for development

“iPhone”: is busy: Making the device ready for development Xcode will continue when “iPhone” is finished.

Was stuck in the same situation but connecting my watch to its charger made all the difference - the preparing was finished in less than a minute.

Not sure if this works for others, but at least this works for me I do have an apple watch, so I shutdown the apple watch, then it works. So I guess the issue should be somehow Xcode detects other devices. If you don't have an apple watch, maybe can try to make sure no other apple devices can be detected by Xcode. Good Luck.

Isse could be that the developer ist not trusted. Go to Settings > Device Management > Developer App > trust the developer

Check the Xcode Report Navigator (rightmost icon on left side panel - icon looks like a reminder list). It shows project-related issues that can block progress when pushing SW to a dev device. In my case it was a project signing issue because I hadn't yet approved the most recent version of Apple Dev agreement.

It worked for me as I explained below:

Settings/Developer/Clear Trusted Computers, the last thing to do is pair your mac again with your iPhone.

It worked very well for me.

Same issue here. My iPhone 7 is running on iOS 15.7.5 and Xcode 14.2.

Same issue. iPhone 7 iOS 15.7.5 and Xcode 14.3

Ugh literally same. Why has this not been addressed yet. I've followed solutions on stack overflow and nothing has worked

I fixed it by:

1. Going to Window > Devices and Simulators, Clicking the device and checking 'Connect via Network'
  2. Unplugging the device
  3. Quitting Xcode
  4. Plugging the device back in
  5. Relaunching Xcode
  6. Going back to Window > Devices and Simulators and verifying the check for 'Connect via Network' was still on
  7. Run

I solved my problem by turning off and on the developer Mode in the device's privacy and security again.

I'm also experiencing the same issue with my iPhone 7 on iOS 15.7.7. Despite my attempts to fix it, the problem persists. It's quite frustrating. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

I was able to solve this using the StackOverflow question mentioned by @Claude31 below. In my case, I opened "Devices and Simulators", then unpaired the device, closed Xcode, opened Xcode, and re-paired the device.

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I had to "Erase All Content and Settings" on my testing iPhone. NOTHING else worked.

I have same issue iPhone 7 - iOS 15.8 - XCode 15.0.1. Nothing works

I this apple's twisted way of saying I need to buy a new iphone if I want to keep developing for ios? after the update to ios 15.8.2 I can not get the device connected to xcode anymore, I am 10 minutes away from finishing a job and getting my app published, no way to downgrade to older version ios (without jailbrake). the really sucks!!!

“iPhone” is busy: Making the device ready for development

Q