How to catch "unregister notification for read_timeout failed" from going to XCode console

How do you register to catch these notifications from going to XCode console? The messages occur whenever I execute a URLSession.shared.dataTask, which is often.

The messages are not an indication the code has faulted but are notifications for unknown reasons that fill the console. You should only get a notification if something is wrong.

How do you register to catch this message so it does not go to the XCode console?

nw_endpoint_handler_set_adaptive_read_handler [C14.1 104.21.42.21:443 ready socket-flow (satisfied (Path is satisfied), viable, interface: en0, ipv4, dns)] unregister notification for read_timeout failed
nw_endpoint_handler_set_adaptive_write_handler [C14.1 104.21.42.21:443 ready socket-flow (satisfied (Path is satisfied), viable, interface: en0, ipv4, dns)] unregister notification for write_timeout failed

I believe this will duplicate the issue

func queryEndpoint(address: String) {
    let url = URL(string: address)

let task = URLSession.shared.dataTask(with: url!) {(data, response, error) in
        let result = String(data: data!, encoding: String.Encoding.utf8)!
        print(result)
    }
    task.resume()
}

Accepted Reply

How do you register to catch these notifications from going to XCode console? The messages are not an indication the code has faulted How do you register to catch this message so it does not go to the XCode console?

Right, this is essentially log noise at the moment. I have also seen this with connections made with NWConnection. I would open a bug report for this.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
  • Thank you. -- Bug report generated. Sep 30, 2021 at 10:15 AM – FB9666912

Add a Comment

Replies

How do you register to catch these notifications from going to XCode console? The messages are not an indication the code has faulted How do you register to catch this message so it does not go to the XCode console?

Right, this is essentially log noise at the moment. I have also seen this with connections made with NWConnection. I would open a bug report for this.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
  • Thank you. -- Bug report generated. Sep 30, 2021 at 10:15 AM – FB9666912

Add a Comment