Xcode 13 Simulator redraw issues

I updated to Xcode 13 RC today and using the Simulator is very buggy. Things don't redraw in my app very well. Views are clipped in weird ways and other redraw issues. I even saw some issues with the built-in apps and a sample project (NavBar sample). For example, screen shot is built-in reminders app and the text popup is wrong.

This is using a iPhone 13 mini (iOS 15) simulator. It happens on both my 2019 iMac and a M1 Air. However, using the iPhone 13 Pro simulator has no problems at all. (Haven't tried any others).

Anyone else seeing these issues?

Replies

Same here. MacBook Pro 13” M1. Xcode 13 RC. iPhone 12 mini/iOS 14.5, iPhone 13 mini/iOS 15. The bug was there since Xcode 13 Beta 5.

• Thanks! Glad to know it's not just me.

Add a Comment

I made a rapid test and did not see the problem. Of course that does not prove the problem does not exist. Xcode 13 RC iPad Mini simulator

Suggestion: do you get the warning to convert to new settings ? Did you try ?

• There is no problem with iPad mini, but with iPhone mini (12 and 13).

Add a Comment

Yep all sorts of weird rendering issues going on with the Simulator (I'm using iPhone 12 mini).

• Half drawn table cells.
  • Pixels missing from top of navigation bar titles.
  • Cut & Paste missing square chunks from corners.
  • Text fields missing top half, only showing bottom half.

Seems incredibly buggy for a RC.

Same, using a 2013 Macbook Pro, so I suspected it was the age of the machine, since this is the last update. Really surprising this is still happening in the Mac App Store version. Can't use the simulator with these issues

Please make sure to file this on Feedback Assistant and attach a sample project!

This is a known issue that affects the iPhone mini simulators in Xcode 13 RC. A workaround for this issue is to use a non-mini simulator until an updated version of Xcode with a fix is available.

Thanks everyone, I was doubting my sanity... Just tried it out in the iPhone 13 simulator (not the mini), I can confirmed the issue does not appear.