Picker (wheel style) value selection point (drag area) is offset from the frame.

I am experiencing a problem with Xcode 13 Beta 5 iOS 15 for the value Picker using the Wheel Style. The WheelPicker is in a frame displaying the current value, however the drag area to select a new value is offset from the area on the displayed values.

In fact I have 3 WheelPickers to select 3 values. The left-most picker has the drag area offset to the left of it, and the right-most picker has the drag area offset to the right of it. The middle-picker cannot even select a value. To me it suggests overlapping drag-areas, where the overlapped areas prevent the selection of a value. In addition I am seeing a '[SwiftUI] Invalid frame dimension (negative or non-finite).' error in the console.

Has anyone else experienced this, and therefore may know what to do?

As a note this does not happen with Xcode 12.5.1 iOS 14.5. It works fine in that case.

Further in Xcode13 beta 5 I tried setting breakpoints to catch the code calls, but they are also not working - but that is another problem.

Answered by Greenamberred in 689550022

Having contacted technical support, they have confirmed that it appears to be a regression / bug in iOS 15. I look forward to the Apple bug-fix soon, and in the meantime there is a workaround.

The workaround is, as mentioned in similar questions on this forum, to add a view modifier, in my case to the Hstacks that contained my pickers.

.compositingGroup()

As my pickers were also part of a '.popover' view, I in addition had to add the view modifier to the frame used in the popover view. So in my case it needed adding to both views (Hstack and popover).

I noticed the same behavior and furthermore since iOS13 beta 5 my App crashes when I display two pickers in one list and try to select value from the second one. Any idea why?

View to reproduce:

struct ContentView: View {

@State private var selected1 = 0

@State private var selected2 = 0

@State private var showPicker1 = false

@State private var showPicker2 = false

var body: some View {

NavigationView {

List {

HStack {

Text("Picker 1")

Spacer()

Text("\(selected1)").foregroundColor(.secondary)

}

.onTapGesture {

withAnimation {

self.showPicker1.toggle()

}

}

if showPicker1 {

Picker("", selection: $selected1) {

ForEach(1..<5) { idx in

Text("\(idx)").tag(idx)

}

}

.pickerStyle(.wheel)

.clipped()

}

HStack {

Text("Picker 2")

Spacer()

Text("\(selected2)").foregroundColor(.secondary)

}

.onTapGesture {

withAnimation {

self.showPicker2.toggle()

}

}

if showPicker2 {

Picker("", selection: $selected2) {

ForEach(1..<15) { idx in

Text("\(idx)").tag(idx)

}

}

.pickerStyle(.wheel)

.clipped()

}

}

.listStyle(.inset)

.navigationTitle("Picker")

}

}

}

Update : This also happens with the release version of Xcode 13.

Should have said it was SwiftUI. Could you also show your full code ? Maybe you have unproperly used some modifiers.

Accepted Answer

Having contacted technical support, they have confirmed that it appears to be a regression / bug in iOS 15. I look forward to the Apple bug-fix soon, and in the meantime there is a workaround.

The workaround is, as mentioned in similar questions on this forum, to add a view modifier, in my case to the Hstacks that contained my pickers.

.compositingGroup()

As my pickers were also part of a '.popover' view, I in addition had to add the view modifier to the frame used in the popover view. So in my case it needed adding to both views (Hstack and popover).

Picker (wheel style) value selection point (drag area) is offset from the frame.

Q