Xcode source control not working 12.5.1

Since I installed Xcode 12.5.1 I've lost source control functionality on all projects.

To test it out, I created a brand new project with Git enabled when creating it and still doesn't allow any of the source control options other than Clone... or New Git Repositories

I've reinstalled the command line tools manually in case there was an issue with that. From the terminal git works fine and using an external application like SourceTree.

Any ideas on how I can regain the source control functions within Xcode?

Answered by hower in 690921022

I've figured out the issue but have not found a practical solution yet.

Source control options work for projects located inside my home directory.

All my projects are in a root /Data folder. If I create a symbolic link inside the /Data folder to a test project on the desktop works as expected. If I move the project inside the /Data folder, it does not work with all the options disabled except Clone and New Repository.

Moving all the projects to the home folder is not an option.

Xcode can read/write fine to the /Data folder. I've created a new folder in /Data2 and moved the test project to it, but the issue persists so it seems anything not in the home folder will have the source control options disabled. Works fine on my MBP and Mac mini.

I am seeing same issue.

What Mac and macOS versions are you running Xcode on?

macOS Big Sur (11.5.2) iMac 27" 2017 4.2 Quad-Core i7 with 48GB Ram

Same issue with Xcode 13.

I've created a brand new project and initialised local git during creation. Once created the source control options remain greyed out except for Clone and New Git Repository. When I try to add new repository it says that one already exists but still the options are disabled.

Accepted Answer

I've figured out the issue but have not found a practical solution yet.

Source control options work for projects located inside my home directory.

All my projects are in a root /Data folder. If I create a symbolic link inside the /Data folder to a test project on the desktop works as expected. If I move the project inside the /Data folder, it does not work with all the options disabled except Clone and New Repository.

Moving all the projects to the home folder is not an option.

Xcode can read/write fine to the /Data folder. I've created a new folder in /Data2 and moved the test project to it, but the issue persists so it seems anything not in the home folder will have the source control options disabled. Works fine on my MBP and Mac mini.

Xcode source control not working 12.5.1

Q