Photogrammetry

"Creating 3D models with Object Capture" the API provided is only working on console app now ? It's working perfect on console app but not on macOS GUI app. I couldn't find such information in the documents as well.

In my GUI app, I am getting the error as, "Process got error: invalidRequest(RealityFoundation.PhotogrammetrySession.Request.modelFile(url: file:///Users/s***ik/Desktop/Pot_usdz/sam.usdz, detail: RealityFoundation.PhotogrammetrySession.Request.Detail.preview, geometry: nil), ".modelFile directory path file:///Users/snayvik/Desktop/Pot_usdz/ cannot be written to!")"

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Reply

/Desktop is a protected folder, and requires user permission to access it. I'm thinking maybe your app doesn't have permission, but the Terminal does.

You can check the permission status by going to "System Preferences" -> "Security & Privacy" -> select the "Privacy" tab -> "Files and Folders"

From there you can see if your app has access to the Desktop.

• I have checked, the app has permission to access the desktop. Also, I have changed the folder location to documents, still getting the same error. I think, something is wrong as I am building the GUI macOS app over the console app.

• Hi @gchiste, I am still stuck at the same place. Help more, don't leave looking at the green tick mark :p

Can you help me how to embed my working console application to my macOS GUI app ? I am definitely doing something wrong there only.

• Hello, nothing else is immediately jumping out at me, I recommend that you request technical support at https://developer.apple.com/support/technical/ and I will be able to gather more information from you.

Thanks

Add a Comment

Replies

/Desktop is a protected folder, and requires user permission to access it. I'm thinking maybe your app doesn't have permission, but the Terminal does.

You can check the permission status by going to "System Preferences" -> "Security & Privacy" -> select the "Privacy" tab -> "Files and Folders"

From there you can see if your app has access to the Desktop.

• I have checked, the app has permission to access the desktop. Also, I have changed the folder location to documents, still getting the same error. I think, something is wrong as I am building the GUI macOS app over the console app.

• Hi @gchiste, I am still stuck at the same place. Help more, don't leave looking at the green tick mark :p

Can you help me how to embed my working console application to my macOS GUI app ? I am definitely doing something wrong there only.

• Hello, nothing else is immediately jumping out at me, I recommend that you request technical support at https://developer.apple.com/support/technical/ and I will be able to gather more information from you.

Thanks

Add a Comment