Xcode 13 Beta 5 stuck on "Making iPhone ready for development" with iOS 15 Beta 5 iPhone

Xcode 13 Beta 5 stuck on "Making iPhone ready for development" with iOS 15 Beta 5 iPhone, won't start installing & debugging code on the device. Waited for about 1 hour, still same.

Tried restoring the iPhone with 15B5 IPSW, or restoring to 14.7.1 then updating to 15B5, both did not work.

Anybody has this same issue?

I have the same problem with Xcode 13.0 beta 5 (13A5212g) and an iPhone SE 2020 with iOS 15.0 (19A5318f). Xcode is stuck making the iPhone ready for development.

I have the same issue with Xcode 13 beta 5 and iPhone SE 2nd gen. iOS 15 b5. Nothing seems to help, restarting, rebooting, cleaning build folder, wiggle the cable, been at it for hours.

However, I also have an iPhone X iOS 15 b5 and that works without problems, even after erasing and setting up fresh multiple times. It takes just a couple of seconds to prepare the phone for development.

I have the same issue with iPhone Se 2 and beta 5

Happened on my iPhone SE 2020. iPhone 11 Pro & iPad Pro 11-inch 2nd gen worked without any problem.

Same here with iPhone SE 2020

Same device, same Xcode, same OSs... same issue

Same here iPhone SE 2020

typical Apple, no explanation, will it be fixed? when will it be fixed? If there is a problem, they never answer and do not inform we were very unfair to Microsoft

Same issue with SE 2020 running 15b5. Iphone 11 runs fine

Same issue on Xcode 13 beta 5 with iPhone SE Gen 2. I had leave it load over the weekend, still loading now.

Same issue with SE 2020 running 15b5

Same issue on Xcode 13 beta 5 with iPhone X.

I've updated to iOS 15 Beta 7 and the device is now working again. This was probably fixed in beta 6 or 7. Thanks Apple.

This post should be marked as resolved/answered.

this is NOT fixed - same issue w SE2 on iOS 14.8 and Xcode release 13 (13A233). I was actually able to run on device for a while then this issue started after I re-started Xcode. Mac OS 11.6, MB Air M1.

I absolotely agree: This is NOT fixed - same issue with XS on iOS 15.0 and Xcode release 13 (13A233). This morning over two hours it's the third time i'm waiting for this annoying thing before i can run my updated app!

Is there a way to disable this behaviour? It's beyond annoying and kills my productivity. It's not even an app for Watch I'm debugging!

I deleted the old devices, than it worked.

Same issue on

• Xcode 13 Version 13.0 (13A233)

with

• iPhone 7 (Model 1660, 1778, 1779, 1780)
  • iOS 15.0.1 (19A348)

Is there any possible solutions?

The same issue with exactly the same setup as @Piffo mentioned. I have also tried updating to the current beta 15.1 (19B5060d), but it didn't make any difference - XCode never finishes the "Making iPhone ready for development" step. :(

This problem is NOT fixed. Using Xcode version 13.0 (13A233). Now it doesn't see my new iPhone 13 Pro Max all the time. When it does, the above problem exists. I even let it on for an hour and still have the same problem. Need to test a few apps on a device but can't!

This still seems to be an issue on Xcode 13.1 on M1Pro 14" MacBook Pro.

I see the same error with trying run on on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Stalls every time on a fresh build, but it will resolve itself after 5 or so minutes and then isn't an issue on subsequent runs. Quitting Xcode and re-opening repeats this process. It never resolves when trying to build to device via network, only when plugged in. Ugh.

Same issue here on Xcode 13.1, MacOS 12.0.1. I can't run my app because Xcode is takes forever on "Making iPhone ready for development" and "Making Apple Watch ready for development". It seems to do this every time I launch Xcode. There is no option to cancel these processes. Really frustrating issue that did not exist on older versions of Xcode.

Same! Happening to me still after nearly a month!

Same here, stuck on "Making Apple Watch ready for development"

• Xcode 13.1
  • Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8.1
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15.1
  • MacBook Pro M1 (16-inch, 2021), macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Can't find any solution. Just flipping tables at this point.

Xcode 13 Beta 5 stuck on "Making iPhone ready for development" with iOS 15 Beta 5 iPhone

Q