Safari Security so Rigid in Monterey

I'm no developer, just a long-time user running Beta Monterey. Not even sure if this applies to "regurlar" Safari but Apple pulled my Q out of standard support and insisted I post here instead...

Running Mac Monterey Beta. Forever user of Chrome but wanting to get rid of Google dependency. Bought a new MacBook Pro, decided to go "full Safari." Despite every option in security being unchecked, and after an hour long call with Apple support, I'm told that Safari WILL NOT save previous logins to sites like Amazon, FaceBook or Google Voice. I have to log in to each site every time, despite each site asking me if I want to remember the browser being used.

I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this. I also can't believe there's not some way around requiring a new sign-in for every time I visit a site. It's not just closing Safari, it happens when I just close a tab. It won't remember anything about my mission. I've turned off blocking cookies, allowed my IP address and event turned on feedback and allowed cross-site tracking.

As much as I hate to stay with Google, I can't move to Safari as most all sites I used have a login, and most with 2FA. Has anyone else discovered a workaround? Is Safari really THAT secure that it can't remember? Is it a Monterey thing? Help!

• I have the same problem of safari not remembering my session on each tab. This is so frustrating and I am not even on beta, I have the release version.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same problem here with macOS 12.2.1 (21D62) Monterey. This is a bug of Monterey. It did not happen before since Safari was released in January 7, 2003 (19 years ago). Utterly frustrating!