CALayer message while playing video (Xcode 12.5.1, Swift 5)

Hi guys, hope you're all safe. I'm adding a couple of features to my launched app. I'm using a stack view to hold various buttons to go to other view controllers, and one button plays a video. Whenever I press this, I get the following messages but the app works fine and the video plays properly: 

`CATransformLayer changing property masksToBounds in transform-only layer, will have no effect and changing property allowsGroupBlending in transform-only layer, will have no effect`

Any idea? Video plays ok in simulator and on device.  I'm using the view controller as player like below, Thanks!

`guard let url = Bundle.main.path(forResource: "previewMovie", ofType: "m4v") else{return}
let player = AVPlayer(url: URL(fileURLWithPath: url))
let vc = AVPlayerViewController()
vc.player = player
present(vc, animated: true, completion: nil)`

Thanks!

• I posted this on StackO, a kind user said the message can be safely ignored. FYI. Thanks!

• I do confirm. That's the type of verbose message from Xcode that you can safely ignore.

Add a Comment

Replies

I added border width to a stack view in objective C. This is working in iOS 16, but when I tested on 12.5 it is not showing the border. it is giving me "<CATransformLayer: 0x283458b20> - changing property borderWidth in transform-only layer, will have no effect" on my debug log in Xcode. Any suggestions?