How to fix "appleaccountd quit unexpectedly" error?

Starting with Xcode 13 beta 3, every time I quit Xcode I'm getting the crash dialog in the attached image. I'm not sure what appleaccountd is doing, but everything seems to work fine except for the crash.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is it something I should be concerned about?

Yep. I see the same thing. Incredibly frustrating. I get this appleaccountd error on Xcode 13 beta 3 and beta 4 every time I quit the simulator. I'm on Big Sur 11.4 , M1 MacBook Air w/ 16GB

Same crash here. 11.5.1 on an M1 Mac. Xcode b3, b4, and b5.

Same crash every time before unit testing..

Same here. 😞

If there are no solutions for resolving this issue other than waiting for Apple to fix it*, is restarting the Simulator sufficient for recovery from the crash? It would be really annoying to have to reboot every time this happens. 😬

* This reminds me to mention that we should all report it via Feedback Assistant so they know it's happening. 😉

It occurs also when leaving simulator or when leaving XCode, with simulator remaining open.

Crash also occurs when working with playground, no use of simulator.

Even without quitting XCode

1. Launch XCode13ß4 (or XCode13ß5)
  2. Run app in simulator
  3. Stop app from XCode
  4. Quit Simulator

Crash occurs a few seconds later.

I filed a bug report : Aug 7, 2021 at 10:26 AM – FB9464093

Seeing it here too. I notice there is a Beta 7 referenced in the Feedback app. Maybe its fixed in that?

@dkardell ß7 of what ? iOS ? That's not IMHO where the problem is, more in XCode.

Seems to be corrected with Xcode 13 RC released today, 9/14/21.

How to fix "appleaccountd quit unexpectedly" error?

Q