MacOS Monterey Keyboard lag

Hi,

I am having major issues with my typing on my MacBook Pro 16inch 2019. Seems to be something related to the caps lock function, as when enabled the key inputs just don’t work/show up on the computer. It becomes unresponsive, and even after multiple times me clicking on the keyboard, nothing works but then after few seconds, the letters show but seems to be missing the first few clicks made. I have tried to be patient but it just looks like the keyboard inputs don’t show no matter how slow I go. A workaround I have found is just not turning on caps lock as that’s when the issue is severe. Note does happen sometimes when caps is off.

I hope I am making sense as this is a real pain typing this.

is there anyone who can help me with this issue or are experiencing similar problems as me.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Kkevin100 Down vote post of Kkevin100
6.5k views
  • I can't answer your question but I found this post because I was searching for the same issue. (Late) 2019 MacBook Pro 13" here. Definitely seems related to the caps lock. It will give me the spinning pinwheel sometimes or the whole system freezes up for 2-3 seconds. Sometimes the caps lock button becomes engaged and other times it doesn't. A very odd issue.

• Similar issue. My Bluetooth and laptop key boards are both lagging in all programs and keep showing a alternative glyph pop up with accent letter.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue for me. It looks related to bluetooth. If you plug in the keyboard, it goes away. I removed and re-added my keyboard and the problem still exists.

• For me at least this occurs when using the built-in MacBook keyboard. I do have a Magic Mouse 2 connected via bluetooth but no other devices.

Add a Comment

Same issue for me. Waiting for the fix.

Related problem: I'm using the native keyboard and a Logitech bluetooth mouse. There is a lag in the search function within a folder window such that if you click the spotlight there and start typing, the second letter of the word is the first letter that shows up typically.

At times this seems keyboard-related but at least for the folder search may be related to a lag in populating the free text search box after clicking the magnifying glass.

Using the spotlight search tool (F4) has no lag.

16" MBP, 12.0.1 Monterey

Ok so here goes. I have done the same thing as suggested and plugged in the keyboard and it appears to be working fine, so the problem must be related to Bluetooth.

Same issue here. I'm using original Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad with MacBook Pro Intel i9, 16gb and Monterrey.

Same issue with iMac and Monterey. Keyboard is laggy until I plug it in. Plugging it in solves the problem, no work arounds have fixed the issue yet.

Sorry. I don't have answer as well. But, I have the same machine as you and seeing the same thing. I have Satechi wireless keyboard. I have same thing happen. Where it just completely freezes/stalls. But, if when plugged with cable. I don't see the issue. I guess I'll try submitting a report.

Having the same issue. I am using a Macbook PRO 16 intel i9 - 2019 - 16GB - 1TB; macOS Monterey 12.2.1;

My MacBook keyboard, trackpad, and also my external Logitech MxKeys (keyboard) and Mx Master 3 (mouse) are lagging;

I have noticed that when I plug an external Monitor, the lag stops.

Please solve it, this is very annoying!

Very noticeable spotlight shortcut lag on Mac Mini M1 / 16GB when calling Spotlight via COMMAND + SPACEBAR

Approximately 0.5s - 0.75s lag no matter which apple keyboard if bluetooth or wired:

1. Apple wireless keyboard original with battery
  2. Newest Apple wireless keyboard with lightning
  3. Apple wired keyboard (number pad)

characters entered once called up has no lag, so not sure if it's the same issue, only started using OS 12 with this new M1 machine

never experienced input lag previous to M1 / OS 12

Quite unfortunate it occurs with something used so frequently

Did SMC reset and removed bluetooth keyboard and added it back seemed to have done the trick for me.

Same issue with bluetooth keyboard on my imac 2020. For me it works to remove my keyboard from the Bluetooth devices and reconnect. All other solutions like SMC, NVRAM reset did not work.

I also encountered this problem. It should be that the input delay will appear when the notebook is turned on after hibernation. I solved it in this way: turn off the power of the Bluetooth keyboard and turn on the power after 10 seconds. The problem is solved. It seems to be a bug in Monterey 12.3

• This just worked for me, when nothing else did

Add a Comment

This worked for me as well. Turned off Bluetooth Keyboard for a few seconds then back on.

I am experiencing this same problem but my keyboard and mouse is wired only. Anyone else have this problem with wired devices?

Team, Has this been resolved yet? Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are lagging after update to latest firmware. Please help this is ridiculous

Thanks guys

Dr E

• Same here! I'm ready to throw it all out the window. Everything takes twice as long to accomplish because neither the keyboard nor the mouse function properly. I've restarted, fully charged both of them and nothing is working. Did you get yours fixed?

Add a Comment