Does TOTP autofill actually work in iOS 15 beta 2?

I tried following the setup described in the WWDC21-10105 video, but the autofill suggestion does not appear above the keyboard as shown at 6:17 in video.

With the same account, password autofill works. I was able to create a setup button to add a TOTP entry to the account. It bounces me to the Password area of Settings, and I can associate the TOTP with my account. But the verification code auto-suggestion does not appear in my app despite adding the UITextContentType.oneTimeCode attribute to my UITextField.

Btw, I was hoping that the setup experience would happen in-app instead of getting bounced to Settings.

I'm noticing also that the video has a text input keyboard, instead of numeric, which is odd because the TOTP input is actually restricted to 6 or 8 digits anyway.

Replies

Yes both iOS 15 & macOS Monterey. However it is not working on all website as the web developer need to clearly identify the it is a TOTP. That part will take more time as all website need to adopt it and follow the best practice.