Can’t log into Public Beta site or Feedback Assistant with one Apple ID, but can with another.

My main Apple ID I've used for 10+ years can no longer log into beta.apple.com or the Feedback Assistant app.

When I try to log in with this Apple ID at beta.apple.com, it takes me right back to the same beta.apple.com page, with the same Sign Up and Log In prompts. When I log in using an Apple ID I created with a different email address, I am able to sign in successfully and see the prompts to Enroll in a beta.

I've tried this on iOS, Mac, and Windows, in multiple browsers, and on multiple internet connections.

Similarly, when I try to log into the Feedback Assistant app with my main Apple ID, I get an error message: "Unable to Sign In to Feedback Assistant. Thank you for your patience. Please try again later." If I then try signing in with a different Apple ID, I can sign in successfully.

I contacted Apple Support on Twitter, who attempted to troubleshoot, then redirected me to Developer support because it seemed that my issue was related specifically to their products. But now Developer support says they cannot help me with this and directed me to the Apple Developer Communities forum. Is there someone else I should be getting in touch with who can actually help me with this issue with my account?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of noktulo Down vote post of noktulo
5.7k views
  • Same issue here. I've been unable to log into Feedback Assistant for several months now. I was hoping that once I installed the Monterey beta, I'd be "allowed" to log into Feedback Assistant again, but no. I'm still getting the same error message: "Unable to sign in to Feedback Assistant. Thank you for your patience. Please try again later." Unbelievably frustrating.

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm having the same exact problem, chatting with Apple Support now.

They referred me to their "specialized department" then ended the chat....... :D

Guess we're stuck?

I'm having the same issue. Way back when wheels were square, my Apple ID was associated with my old gmail email account. Since I became aware of how much of my personal information google was stealing from me, I switched to an iCloud email account and associated my Apple ID with that. The Feedback assistant seems to remember my old gmail ID even though I haven't used it for years and when I change it to the iCloud account it says "Unable to sign in to Feedback Assistant. Please try again later". I can't use my gmail ID with my iCloud password as they weren't the same thing and I don't remember what my old GMAIL password for my Apple ID was.

When I go to the feedback assistant website (https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/welcome), it shows that I am not registered for any betas and redirects me to the main beta registration website (https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome) even though I must already registered as I got the Monterey beta) and when I click on "sign in" or "sign up", it just bounces me back to the same beta registration page and doesn't allow me to select a particular beta program (MacOS, iOS, etc) although it shows me as signed in.

It seems that Feedback Assistant and the Appleseed program is using an old copy of the Apple ID database which to me is a huge security exposure.

Very interesting. For the record my iCloud account is also very old and tied to a gmail address.

Same issue here.....

Exact same problem since Big Sur, and the same problem with Feedback Assistant. also using an old gmail.

I'm having the exact same issue with my main account that everything is connected to. Therefore I can't get the public betas for my Apple TVs. The iPhone public beta, I can sign into another account for - but beta seems to just be disabled for my main account. I don't even have an enroll in beta button on AppleTV anymore.

I fixed the problem but it's more of a workaround. Since having a gmail Apple ID is clearly causing the issue i tried logging in with the icloud email also associated with my Apple ID. I had no idea this was possible but it worked. :/

Wonder what other problems I have with icloud glitching out all the time is because of my ancient Apple ID.....

Anyone ever sort this out? Only "fix" I've seen in other threads is to sign in with a different Apple ID. The common theme I'm seeing is that folks "unenrolled" from a beta at some point in the past and now somehow our Apple IDs are tainted and no longer work at beta.apple.com.

I have the same problem and have had it for years. I cannot use beta.apple.com to download public profiles. Once in a blue moon I gather the energy to start another round of Apple support with regards to this problem... And every time I get sent from one department to the next... and nobody ever seems to know what the problem is and nobody ever seems to think they should take ownership.

So yeah, there's probably thousands of us... in limbo... with their Apple IDs... There is nothing we can do to fix it and the problem does not seem to register as a big enough issue at Apple for them to assign an engineer to figure out what goes wrong in their backend when our Apple IDs sign in to Feedback Assistant or the beta.apple.com website.

I am currently in "discussion" with some Apple folk... again... but they keep sending me the same pre-composed emails that I've seen in prior years, so nothing will come of it now either.

Does anybody else with this problem also have an old @mac.com email address linked to their appleID?

yes this is a problem for me as well. Apple not fussed about sorting. My AppleID is ancient too - but using my iCloud email didn't fix it for me. Guess i'll have to set up another iCloud just for this.