Watch OS8 not syncing contacts

Watch OS8 is not syncing contacts. When I go to messages it will show group names but not the names of the individuals in the group. It will also not show single and nothing in contacts. I have contact syncing turned on. I have don't a restore and set up as new and issue remains. Anyone else having this issue?

• I have the same issue. OS8 update did not synch contacts. The reset synch data button in the settings menu also does not seem to work. Favourites numbers remain, and calling numbers show when i get an incoming call, but no names, and no contacts

Unpairing and setting up as a new watch did not resolve.

• I have the same problem, the contact list on the watch is empty (in the contact app) and no name is displayed when I receive a call.

• I have tried multiple restores and still not working. I am going to get a test phone and see if it is a phone issue. I will update if it is related to phone.

Replies

NA

Same problem here.. I use my watch to check texts and often times reply.. not really easy to do that anymore since I’m not sure who I’m talking to anymore. Really apple? You give us the option to rollback on iPhone ‘ iPad but not watch OS.. I wonder why, because this is a simple coding issue that can be fixed very easily but instead we are forced to deal with this garbage until HOPEFULLY they fix this bug, I spoke with apple support, sent in my feedback, still unable to rollback. Seems like apple really likes to make people shoot themselves in the foot, should have never upgraded to GarbageOS 8 , if i come up with any solutions or progress i will be sure to bump this to all of you. Godspeed

WatchOS 8 Beta 5 may have fixed this - most of my contacts are showing up now. I've just forced a reset sync for them to see if both iCloud and Exchange contacts sync correctly.

• Confirming iOS 15 Beta 5 and WatchOS 8 Beta 5 have fixed this for me.

Add a Comment

This exact problem started happening to me with iOS 15.1 Beta 1 and WatchOS 8.1 Beta 1. Have tried almost everything with no solution, yet. Any ideas?

• Any resolution that you've found yet? I just did a full reset and restore and re-provisioning of my watch, with non-beta watchOS (8.1 currently), and I am still not able to get contacts to sync. My phone is running iOS 15.1 public beta 3. Pretty infuriating, as I use Siri to text people from my watch all the time, and "that person is not in your contacts" is suuuper annoying!

Add a Comment