Xcode Loading a Plug-in Failed fix?

So I was running Xcode 12 fine. My company put Cylance on my laptop. I think forgot I had it running and installed Xcode 13 beta. Cylance flagged a few files - DeviceLink stuff. I launched the beta - I got the loading a plug-in error dialog. Okay I thought, just throw it out - my regular Xcode 12 should be fine. I launch it - same dialog. Uh oh... this is my work laptop and I just lost the ability to use Xcode?? I throw out Xcode 12 and get it again from the Mac AppStore. After forever installing, the same thing. I do not know how to fix this. I launched Xcode from the Terminal and here is the output:

2021-06-15 12:41:54.415 Xcode[23284:313303] [MT] DVTPlugInLoading: Failed to load code for plug-in com.apple.dt.IDE.IDEiOSSupportCore (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDEiOSSupportCore.ideplugin), error = Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3587 "dlopen_preflight(/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDEiOSSupportCore.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDEiOSSupportCore): Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework/Versions/A/DeviceLink
  Referenced from: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDEiOSSupportCore.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDEiOSSupportCore
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework/Versions/A/DeviceLink: code signing blocked mmap() of '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework/Versions/A/DeviceLink'

/Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework/Versions/A/DeviceLink: code signing blocked mmap() of '/Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework/Versions/A/DeviceLink', NSBundlePath=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDEiOSSupportCore.ideplugin, NSLocalizedDescription=The bundle “IDEiOSSupportCore” couldn’t be loaded because it is damaged or missing necessary resources.}}}
Function: BOOL _IDEInitializePlugInManager(IDEInitializationOptions, NSError *__autoreleasing *)
Thread:   <NSThread: 0x7fa14c51ce20>{number = 1, name = main}
Please file a bug at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

How can I fix this problem? I have gone into the Resources folder and installed those 4 packages within - restarted - and I still have the same problem.

Replies

I believe this is entirely due to my company's Cylance Protect installation on my laptop. Many internal files have been quarantined and as such I cannot launch Xcode. I need my IT department to do something about Cylance so that I can get Xcode restored.

• Are there details you can share about whether this was fixable?

Add a Comment