Remove XCode settings Document Types

How can i remove the Xcode entries in my project Targets / Info / Document Types. I see only a add Button. Any Idea?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of macsven Down vote post of macsven
4.7k views
  • Still a problem in XCode 15.0.1

• still same problem present in 2024, 2 years later. how hard can it be to add a freaking delete button for entries??

Add a Comment

Replies

Had the same problem (XCode Version 13.2.1 (13C100)). Here is a workaround:

1. In the navigator select your app's Info (Info.plist).
  2. In the property list expand and go to: Document Types
  3. Delete the unwanted items in that array

To reflect the changes in the App properties editor (the one in the screenshot posted in the question) I had to restart XCode. Might not be necessary, but for me that was the only way how to make XCode to reflect the changes.

• Worked perfectly. I closed the project then re-opened it and it was updated. This was good info, thank you

Add a Comment

This bug (no user interface to delete Document Types) is still present in Xcode 14 GM :(

If anyone from Apple reads this, please consider just removing the "Info" tab in the Target editor. It seems to be a poorly synced and incomplete user interface for the Info.plist file which often causes more confusion than just editing the Info.plist file manually. (To make that easier, try the app Plist Edit Pro from Fat Cat Software.)

Seems to be still the case with Xcode 14.2. However I don't have a info.plist. Any ideas how to delete?

This is still an issue in Xcode 14.3. The info.plist file no longer exists and there is no way to remove a Document Type

Same here still happening in xcode 14.3, info.plist is a major part of development this should be corrected by Apple ASAP.

Same issue. Shocking, really. Beyond comprehension...

Xcode 15.1 - This is really preposterous! I cannot remove any document type I've added nor exported/imported type identifiers.

What worked for me is to try searching for Info.plist in the search bar of Navigation menu. Then in Info.plist you will have array of your Document types, which you can remove. Just hover on one of the doc types and you see a minus sign button

• This solved two issues I was having: deleting the documents and finding the Info.plist

Add a Comment