Xcode Cloud for a solo developer?

Wondering if I could get benefits from using Xcode Cloud if I'm just a solo, hobbyist Developer? I don't need to collaborate with others on my code, but maybe the built in workflow and tie in with App Store Connect and TestFlight might be worth looking into. I'd appreciate any thoughts from the Apple team.

Replies

Not a member of the Apple Team, but I think one of the most obvious benefits would be being able to have your tests used across a wide range of devices, reducing how many you have to run on your local machine, especially as these can be run in parallel.

Being able to build up a CI/CD pipeline to TestFlight and even to the App Store is also a brilliant feature.

I don't think it would be worth it. Based on what they said in the keynote, it will probably have a price tag with it at some point. It sounds like it's geared more towards a team of devs. The documentation is below.

Xcode Cloud

Huge benefits I think depending on what the price is though. Being able to offload your builds is great and even if you are a solo developer you have users I am assuming that will test your app.