iOS 15 (Beta) proximityState not responding

Compiled existing app with XCode Version 13.0 beta (13A5154h) without any source code changes and tested on iPhone XR running iOS 15 (beta) and noticed that the Device Proximity sensor features quit working. Compiling the identical app with Xcode Version 12.5 release (12E262) and running on another iPhone XR with iOS 14.6 does work as expected. The app also works as expected on iOS releases prior to version 14.6. Also, downloading the app from the AppStore and executing it on the Phone with iOS 15 (beta) shows the same issue.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem using iOS 15 (beta) and found a solution. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks, DJ

• Sensor not working after ios update 15.0.0. Anyone has same issue??

Add a Comment

Replies

We have the same problem,apple develop engineer have any recommendations?

This is a known issue, and it will be fixed in the new iOS version.

Ios 15 beta 2, Proximity sensor still not working. When I listen to a voicenote and bring it to my ear it's still plays on loudspeaker.

Retested apps under iOS 15 beta 2, and problem still persists. Can anyone at Apple support please look into this and provide some feedback?

I've downloaded 15.0 (19A5281j) The Proximity sensor still not working. When I receive a voicenote on whatsapp and bring the phone to my ear it's still plays on loudspeaker. Downloaded a app testmax protection and report to run a test, Proximity sensor not working. Proximity sensor was working on ios 14.6. Please Fix this Annoying Bug on next IOS 15 Developer beta 3 update. Thank you

Ios 15 beta 2, Proximity sensor still not working. When I listen to a voicenote and bring it to my ear it's still plays on loudspeaker.

• Has anyone found any solution to this problem ? I have an app which monitors beacon regions. App awakes automatically when phone enters beacon region but since i updated my phone to iOS 15, this is not working. It was working fine with iOS 14.5 version.

Add a Comment

I am facing the same problem after updating to iOS 15.1.0 , has anyone found the solution ?

Tested with iOS 15.1 (19B74) on iPhone. Works just fine.

We are experiencing this as well: region monitoring (both exit and entry events) stopped working after upgrading to iOS 15. 15.0.1 and 15.0.2 updates do not resolve this.

This issue occurs only on some devices / to some users, but not to everyone.

Restarting the device helped some users, but not everyone. Some users are still experiencing this issue even after multiple device restarts.

15.1 release notes mention nothing about region monitoring hence I doubt this is fixed in iOS 15.1.

I have same issue and has not fixed even though upgrade to 15.2 beta. Please help if you have found any solution.

Same here. Testing iOS 15.2 beta 3 and still the same issue. Given that this problem has apparently existed for 5 months it is quite troubling. So far what we have found is that if our app has been launched into the foreground recently (like in the last 24 hours or so), everything works as expected with region monitoring. However, if the user has not interacted with our app within the last day or so, all region events cease to function.

On iOS 13 and 14 the exact same version of our app performed as expected. We could not launch the app for a month and region events would still function.

Even the 15.3.1 upgrade couldn't solve the issue. Now the twist in the story is that I can't even go back to 14.8 because no signed version is available to download and installed through iTunes. What can be done ? This is getting on the nerves.