Resources for getting started

Hello everyone, I'm just getting started could someone tell me where to start learning swift? so that I can make apps on Xcode

Replies

You may find many resources to learn app development in Swift with Xcode, but Apple's books may be a good starting point.

Swift Development Resources

Check Intro to App Development with Swift or App Development with Swift.

Unfortunately, the books may not be up-to-date, and you may find some difficulties to work with it using the latest Xcode. But the core part of them are very fine and can be a good help learning app development. And this site, the dev forums, would be a great help when you cannot solve some issues by yourself.

• Thanks a lot, will surely look into it.

Add a Comment

With those books, I advise you to start learning in playgrounds. That's a very interactive way to learn Swift and the basics of Xcode.

Once you feel comfortable, you will learn to develop real apps, and learn UIKit or SwiftUI.

Wish you a good and enjoyable start.

Apple has some excellent SwiftUI and UIKit tutorials on the developer website. The tutorials allow you to work through the specific app creation projects that teach you the various technologies for SwiftUI and UIKit.

SwiftUI Tutorials

iOS App Dev Tutorials

The Stanford lectures on Swift (https://www.y outube.com/watch?v=bqu6BquVi2M&list😛 LpGHT1n4-mAsxuRxVPv7kj4-dQYoC3VVu) are great if you're a more video-oriented person like me!