How to request Multicast Networking Entitlement before app is in the AppStore?

I'm developing an audio/music app that will have AbletonLink support. AbletonLink uses the local network to find peers for audio and beat synchronization. I have to request the Multicast Networking Entitlement in order for AbletonLink to work on hardware devices.

In order to request this entitlement, the app already has to be in the AppStore. Is there a way to request this entitlement before it's released? I really don't want to launch the app without this feature.

Replies

Is there a way to request this entitlement before it's released?

Indeed there is. My advice:
  • Omit the App Store URL field.

• Make sure to fill in the Apple ID of App field with your app’s Apple ID.

• Add a note explaining that the app is not yet in the store.

Keep in mind that, while the approval folks want to know about a specific app that’ll use multicast, the entitlement is granted on a team-by-team basis, so the most critical thing is that you submit this for the correct team.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"
Thank you for the reply eskimo (Quinn)!

It seems like the App Store URL field is required and even with the Apple ID filled in, the form won't let me send without the App Store URL.
Well, that’s annoying, and I’ve reported this internally (r. 77448276). In the meantime, I’m sure you can figure out an appropriate way to fool the form (-:

Share and Enjoy

I’ve reported this internally (r. 77448276).

We’ve now fixed this; both the App Store URL and Apple ID of App fields are now optional. Yay!

Share and Enjoy