Widget does not update daily, although I can see SwiftUI object was created correctly

Hello,

I have developed an app that has a Widget that is updated daily at the user's midnight. The timeline will provide 3 entries, with a policy .atEnd:
  • Yesterday (today's midnight minus one day)

• Today (today's midnight)

• Tomorrow (today's midnight plus one day)

This app has been live for a few months and has a substantial install base. We consistently get emails from users a couple of times a week, mentioning the Widget is "stuck" at a previous date.

I was able to reproduce the issue locally at a couple of devices that I installed the app, added the widget to the home screen and left it running for a few days. I would then check the home screen after a while and the problem would manifest itself in different ways:
  • Sometimes only parts of the SwiftUI view would be refreshed: the label that shows the date would be incorrect, but a different label was refreshed correctly

• Sometimes the widget will actually be stuck, showing an entry from 3 days ago

• If I have two instances of the widget with different sizes on the same home screen, one of them can be stuck at a past date and another only partially refreshed

• The widget uses a different gradient background color each day. That usually (always?) is current.

• Sometimes they will work fine for 2-3 days and then start "lagging"

I've then added some logging to a text file that will output the Timeline object and the SwiftUI view that was returned to WidgetKit. After the issue happened again, I can confirm:
  • The timeline is being refreshed correctly, has the correct dates and correct TimelineEntry objects.

• The SwiftUI view returned to WidgetKit contains all the labels with the correct text and formatted correctly (I did a simple dump of the view like print("\(view)"))

So the only possible culprit left would be Springboard failing to render the SwiftUI view for the Widget, somehow.

If I go into the devices settings and flip the clock toggle between 12/24 hours, this forces Springboard to refresh the widget and they immediately refresh to the correct view state.

Is this a known issue? Are there any possible workarounds to force WidgetKit always render the widget correctly?

Thanks in advance!