Submission format and type: .playground or .playgroundbook

Hey all!

I have a few questions regarding the format of submission:

does it have to be created in the playgrounds app or can it be made in Xcode (using file > new > playground)?

i see there are playground books and plain playgrounds. Are both acceptable? Or just one?

About the Xcode creation, I tried and the playground created in Xcode seems to open correctly in the playgrounds app on Mac. Please let me know if I’m missing something, thanks!

Accepted Reply

Yah you can create a playgroundbook or playground for submission! If you wanted to create a playground book then you can take help from the Apple Playground Author Template found at the developer downloads section or if you wanted to create a playground then you can create it either from swift playground in mac or ipad or xcode! Just have fun 😀! All the best!

Replies

You can create in the playgrounds app or in the Xcode, i would suggest in Xcode, because playground has more bugs.
You can send it as a .playground or .playgroundbook, they're both accepted.
All of them are accepted! You can submit both an Xcode Playground or a Swift Playground for Mac or iPad. Just remember that you are not allowed to submit an app, you can only submit a Playground as of this year.
Yah you can create a playgroundbook or playground for submission! If you wanted to create a playground book then you can take help from the Apple Playground Author Template found at the developer downloads section or if you wanted to create a playground then you can create it either from swift playground in mac or ipad or xcode! Just have fun 😀! All the best!