Cells not correct size in Simulator

I am trying to create a number of cells on the iPhone screen. initially the cells default value is too small so I changed them in the size inspector. Visually I can see the new size is correct on the storyboard (2 per row), but when I run the simulator the cells are the original size. I have tried quitting both the simulator and the Xcode, but it still is incorrect.
Is this a bug?
How can I sort this out?

Accepted Reply

I am learning from Ahmed Sahar's book and some of this explainations are not very clear. In the size inspector the Estimate size by default was Automatic, but where he showed the sizes he had changed it to None. I did not spot that first time through, but when I meticulously went through the instructions I noticed that it had been changed.

Replies

Size of cells of what ? CollectionView ?

Can you explain the set up, what sizes you have defined ?

What is the device size in for the storyboard ? What is the device target for simulator ?

If you want to force cell size, you should set constraints.
I am learning from Ahmed Sahar's book and some of this explainations are not very clear. In the size inspector the Estimate size by default was Automatic, but where he showed the sizes he had changed it to None. I did not spot that first time through, but when I meticulously went through the instructions I noticed that it had been changed.