APNS1 deprecation and push certificates

Hi,
I have a small question about the APNS1 deprecation that will happen on March 31st.

I just want to clarify on what will be deprecated. Only the binary protocol will be deprecated, but we'll still be able to user the certificates based authentication, right ?

Thanks a lot for clarification

Replies

Yes, only the protocol is being deprecated. You can use the certificate based authentication with the HTTP/2 protocol if you don't want to switch to the token based authentication. To be honest, if you are just starting the transition, it would be better to stay on certificates.

But also note that the root certificate for APNs is changing on March 29th. You should have received a separate email about that.
The details of that is here: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=7gx0a2lp

Thanks a lot.
In fact we are using a third party provider, and it was quite difficult to understand everything.
About the APNs certificate update, if I'm not wrong, it was introduced May or December 2020, so all push certificates generated since this date shall be valid, right ?

Is there a simple way to ensure the generated certificates are valid ?
The certificate change only involves the root certificate for secure connections on the server, and does not effect any of your APNs certificates.

You just need to ensure that the new AAA root certificate is added to your server's trust store. In your case, you may want to confirm with your third party provider that they have made this change.
ok, totally make sense.
Thanks a lot for your answers