HomeKit HMAccessory category is nil for some cameras

Our app iterates all HomeKit accessories. Sometimes, HomeKit video cameras appear correctly as an HMService with a Camera type. For instance Logitech and ElGato's cameras appear as one would expect this way.

Often lately, I am encountering HMAccessories with no HMCategory. It is literally nil. Cameras from Arlo and Eufy are both presenting as such, and this behavior presents in the user base as well.

When I encountered the first of these HomeKit certified devices identifying as no HMCategory, I simply special cased it for Arlo and called it a video camera so that we could load it as a camera.

Now yet another manufacturer is doing the same thing and I'm starting to question whether I'm doing something incorrectly. Why would Eufy and Arlo both have no HMCategory? It seems like an insanely huge bug. I note though that the Home app identifies them as a camera, so there may be some twisted way to decide they must be a camera. Are we supposed to assume no category means Video Camera for some reason? What am I missing here?