XCode project will not run

I tried to open and run an old project for the first time in a few months today. At first it would not compile - it said something about invalid certificates I think? I opened Preferences and it wanted me to log in again. That must have updated my certificates because now it compiles.

But when I try to run, it just immediately quits. It says 'finished' in the top window. In the console it says Message from debugger: unable to attach. I feel like it's probably some kind of certificate/provisioning issue, but I can't find any place where it lists an error.

Anyone know what the problem could be? I am running Xcode 10.1 on High Sierra. Maybe things are too old, but the same setup ran fine a few months ago and I haven't changed anything.

Thanks

Accepted Reply

Contacted Apple Developer Support and they helped. I needed the updated Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Intermediate Certificate.

Replies

To follow up on this. If I run the product outside of XCode and then look at the crash report, it shows this:
Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (Code Signature Invalid)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x1

So seems like a code-signing thing. But I regenerated my profiles from the new certificate and it isn't showing my any kind of signing warnings or errors in XCode?
Contacted Apple Developer Support and they helped. I needed the updated Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Intermediate Certificate.