Error: "The owner stopped sharing or you don't have permission to open it"

I have an app which uses shared container storage in iCloud. I just use the 1st party share UI to create shares between users (UICloudSharingController).

This works well for all of my users (thousands of them) except for one. I have many users successfully sharing an iCloud object but one has reported this bug (and has screenshots to verify it).

When they share it with another user and that user accepts the share, they see the error: "The owner stopped sharing or you don't have permission to open it". When the owner looks at the list of people they've shared it with, they see the user they are targeting, but the user still gets this error message.

They've tried:
  1. Deleting the share and recreating it

2. Sharing with different methods (text, email, etc)

3. Rebooting devices

Nothing they do seems to work. I'm guessing there may be some setting that's stopping her device receiving shares or something, but not sure what's going on. Any advice would be helpful.
  • Can anyone answer this ? I sent a link of videos vital to my child custody case from my gmail which is also my Apple ID to another gmail , a hotmail email and a iCloud email ( different Apple ID then the sending Apple ID ) . 

So to make a clear example:

Appleid1 @ gmail.com sent a link to : user @ hotmail.com ( you do not have permissions ) user @ gmail.com ( unsupported file type ) user @ icloud.com ( owner stopped sharing message)

Add a Comment