Stuck on Preparing macOS Big Sur 11.1 Update

I'm currently running MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 on a MacBook Pro 16in and I'm trying to update to version 11.1 but I have been stuck on "Preparing macOS Big Sur 11.1 Update..." "About 10 minutes remaining" for a few hours. I have tried restarting my MacBook Pro multiple times but I keep running into the same problem. Please help!!
  • Same!

• Refer to my answer (might be in the very back) i hope this helps.

Add a Comment

Replies

Exact the same problem here but with an MacBook Air 2019.
Add a Comment
I had the same issue. I restarted the MacBook in safe mode (press and hold the Shift key while it boots) and I was able to perform the update. I hope this will work for you.
Same Issue here, on a MBP 2018. "About 10 minutes remaining" over 24 hours.
I have the same exact issue with my MacBook air.
I have exactly the same issue - I've been experiencing this for two days, now I give up - this update is a shit.
I am having the same issue on a 2018 MBP
For me it stops at some point declaring the "download" failed (though it's already done downloading). System logs contain the message "BridgeOS personalization failed."
Same Issue on MacBook Pro - Mid 2015 w/ macOS Big Sur 11.0.1
Turned off auto downloads, all check boxes.

Will wait for next update.
same issue here
Same here. Reinstall didnt help
i tried several times to install this update on my macbook air 2020 and same problem. stuck with 10 minutes left.
tried safe mode - no different.
noticed that the CPU was chewing heavily on sophos processes, so I rebooted, uninstalled sophos AV , rebooted again, and then was able to complete the install of 11.01 to 11.1

will be reinstalling sophos now.

may not work for everyone, but thought I would provide my feedback
I've been having the same issue with a 2014 iMac
I am running a MacBookPro 2019, i5, 16GB/512GB. Updating to Big Sur 11.1 normally same issues as described above.
Rebooting into safe mode, have been able to progress to about 5 minutes remaining, as I write this. The update at the 15 minute mark consumes a lot of CPU and the laptop runs hot. The same at the 5 minute mark. Hopefully the update will run.
I did a chat with support today, and after reviewing the things I had tried she suggested rebooting into recovery mode, and reinstalling the OS. That process will apparently update to the most recent version, so is a work-around for the stalling problem. I figured she would have heard an earful, but she hadn't yet encountered the problem, so I'm not sure why some of us had the issue but others apparently did not. Regardless, it took a while but it's now working and fully updated to 11.1. Hope that helps some of you.
I tried the 11.1 update again after rebooting in safe mode mode. This worked for me on my 13" MBP 2020.