Editing Posts

Is there a way to edit a post, especially to add additional tags to it?

When I go to my profile, I see a list of my posts, but clicking on them just leads to a view that looks just like any other post from other users... Am I missing something?

Accepted Reply

Is there a way to edit a post, especially to add additional tags to
it?

No. You can edit a post for a short while after creating it (the FAQ says 15 minutes but IIRC that was bumped back up to an hour) but it’s immutable after that.

My general advice is as follows:
  • If you want to add info to a thread, just put that in a reply.

• If you want to use a new set of tags, create a new thread with the required tags and then post a link from the old thread to the new one and vice versa.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

Is there a way to edit a post, especially to add additional tags to
it?

No. You can edit a post for a short while after creating it (the FAQ says 15 minutes but IIRC that was bumped back up to an hour) but it’s immutable after that.

My general advice is as follows:
  • If you want to add info to a thread, just put that in a reply.

• If you want to use a new set of tags, create a new thread with the required tags and then post a link from the old thread to the new one and vice versa.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Thanks for the reply, and for the link to the forum FAQ!

I actually wasn't aware that this forum had a FAQ and at least when I gave it a quick try right now, I wasn't able to find it from the forum's homepage... Probably I am just looking in the wrong place, but thought it might still be usable feedback for the Apple Forum UI/UX people. ;-)

I also didn't find any questions about this issue in the forum (actually used search first), which seems a bit odd given it's a FAQ. Again, maybe I could have tried harder, but maybe there is also a way to improve this in the forum at some point ;D
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of faax Down vote reply of faax