Xcode Playground not showing ouput on live view and compiler

I got new Apple Air M1 chip, but Xcode 12.2.2 Playground run, but it does not show output and live view too. Do you guy have some problem or anyone know how to fix it ?

Replies

I've faced the same issue. If I launch Xcode using rosetta it doesn't show anything, but once I switch off rosetta and it works perfect.
Similarly, in my case downloading Xcode 12.2 from the AppStore required "Open using Rosetta" to be set (via Get Info on Xcode.app) in order for it to install at all. Then Playground didn't show any output albeit seem to run. Once "Open using Rosetta" is the unchecked then Playgrounds spring into life.
I have a similar issue
I'm using xCode Version 12.2 (12B45b) on iMac Late 2012 can not upgrade to Big Sur (so don't ask)
and even the simplest code does not have any output on the right, either manual run or auto

import Foundation
let myEmail = "eskimo"
print(myEmail)

no output on the right or in the console.
is there an issue with updates? which i could not complete because my iMac is 2012?. really, sounds a bit suspect?
BB

What I noticed is it is just slow. Restarting a new project helps. And I agree with the observation that Rosetta made it worse.

Monterey & M1 & Xcode 12.5.1 uncheck the "Open using Rosetta" box, nothing changed, the console still didn't show results. Is it because of the Monterey bug?

Monterey & M1 & Xcode 12.5.1

This is not a combo I’d recommend. If you’re going to work on macOS 12 beta, you should use the associated Xcode 13 beta.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• thank you! you really solved my problem.

Add a Comment

you can follow me. I tried and succeeded on mac m1

• 👍🏻 it works! thank you!!

Add a Comment