"Deferred lighting" sample failed to compile (MSL20Shaders requires a developer team)

macOS 11.0.1, Xcode 12.2(12B45b)

Hi, I downloaded a "Deferred lighting" sample (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/metal/rendering_a_scene_with_deferred_lighting_in_objective-c?language=objc) and I encountered a problem

Signing for "MSL20Shaders" requires a development team. Select a development team in the Signing & Capabilities editor.

I set developer team on DeferredLighting-macOS/iOS targets but I couldn't find singing & capabilities option on MSL20/23Shaders. I think these don't need signing because there are metal shader library.

Let me know if anything is missing 😭

Accepted Reply

All samples on the developer site are, by default, set up to require a development team.

Note, that you shouldn't need to set a developer team of a signing certificate for macOS targets. Under "Build Settings", you can can set "Code Signing Identity" to "Sign to Run Locally".

Replies

Oh, I figure it out there's development team property in Build Settings - Signing. I set it to my team and the sample works! ☺️
All samples on the developer site are, by default, set up to require a development team.

Note, that you shouldn't need to set a developer team of a signing certificate for macOS targets. Under "Build Settings", you can can set "Code Signing Identity" to "Sign to Run Locally".