Unsatisfied entitlements: com.apple.logging.local-store

In my sandboxed MacOS app I want to access OSLogStore programmatically to fetch logs for multi-component application (app, libraries, deriver) for further analysis. According to the documentation, the app should have com.apple.logging.local-storeentitlement.

I have added this entitlement "by hand" to the entitlement file as I I can't find a correspondent entry in the Xcode -> Sign & Capabilities interface.

When I run the app, I get Unsatisfied entitlements: com.apple.logging.local-store error and the app doesn't start.

If I remove the entitlement, the app can't get access to the logd subsystem.

How can I add com.apple.logging.local-store to my app?
Should I request this not visible via Xcode configuration UI from apple?

Thanks!

Replies

I'm testing on MacOS 10.15.7 (19H2), Xcode 12.2
This is good news / bad news story:
  • The bad news is that there’s no way for a third-party developer to get the com.apple.logging.local-store entitlement.

• The good news is that it’s not necessary: As long as you’re running as an admin user, you don’t need the entitlement.

• The bad news is that this won’t work from within the App Sandox. AFAICT there’s no way for a third-party sandboxed app to access the log store.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

We were just bitten by this same issue. Three years and the documentation is still apparently wrong. 😠 Deleting the entitlement solves the problem. I'm glad to have stumbled onto this discussion.

Filed FB13758049.

Filed FB13758049.

Thank you!

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"