Xcode 12.2 - "Any Mac ( Apple Silicon, Intel)" not available when opening existing Mac project

I'm running the just-released Xcode 12.2 (12B45b) on macOS 10.15.7. When
I open an existing Mac project ( just a standard AppKit, Foundation
app, nothing extra - Objective-C with nib ) it does NOT offer "Any Mac ( Apple Silicon, Intel)". Instead it offers "Any Mac (Intel)".

Curiously, if I start a new Mac project it offers the Apple Silicon option and builds a universal app.
I'm
using Architecture ( in Build Settings ) of "Standard Architectures"
and Base SDK set to "macOS" ( which is the only option show ).

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks, Brian
Meanwhile, on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29) and Xcode 12.2 (12B45b) the only option that is available - "Any Mac (Apple Silicon, Intel)". I do not see a way, to disable Apple Silicon.
I had the problem where the only available option was "Any Mac (Apple Silicon, Intel)" ... which was a problem as my project uses many libraries that are built for Intel.

I manually added x86_64 as the architecture, and I can successfully build my project again. For the original poster, you might want to try manually adding arm64.
Found the problem with "Any Mac (Apple Silicon, Intel)" popup not showing correctly.

Went into Build Settings for the Target and did a search on VALID ARCHS. It might be inside a section labeled "User Defined". After deleting that User Defined section ( VALID ARCHS was the only entry in it ) the popup was restored to the correct content and the project builds as universal.

Thanks to all who provided feedback. Thanks to the SO post for the hint

Please ignore ...

Update ... I'm good ... wish I could delete this post, apparently it just takes Xcode a long while (30 mins) to install at the end with very little progress update making it look as though it is stuck and never going to finish. Eventually it does finish installing
Xcode 12.2 - "Any Mac ( Apple Silicon, Intel)" not available when opening existing Mac project

Q