Xcode 12.2

Hello, I have some doubts:
  1. Xcode 12.2 runs in MacOs Catalina?

2. Can I have both Xcode 12.1 and Xcode 12.2 installed in the same Mac?

3. If question 2 answer is yes, how I install Xcode 12.2 without affecting 12.1 installation?

4. If question 2 answer is yes, can I open a project in both versions of Xcode?

5. If question 4 answer is yes, to open a project in both version I have to make a copy of the project?, what happen with the pods that the project have?, and what I have to make that the copied project runs well?

Thank you for your help.
  • Xcode 12.2 runs in MacOs Catalina?

Yes
  • Can I have both Xcode 12.1 and Xcode 12.2 installed in the same Mac?

Yes
  • If question 2 answer is yes, how I install Xcode 12.2 without affecting 12.1 installation?

just rename the first as Xcode 12.1 and download the new Xcode 12.2 (don't update)
  • If question 2 answer is yes, can I open a project in both versions of Xcode?

Yes, but avoid doing it at the same time.
Take care to be sure you understand which project you are working with…
  • If question 4 answer is yes, to open a project in both version I have to make a copy of the project?,

Yes
  • what happen with the pods that the project have?, and what I have to make that the copied project runs well?

I'd better do so.

I'm running the just-released Xcode 12.2 (12B45b) on macOS 10.15.7. When I open an existing Mac project ( just a standard AppKit, Foundation app, nothing extra - Objective-C with nib ) it does NOT offer "Any Mac ( Apple Silicon, Intel)". Instead it offers "Any Mac (Intel)".

Curiously, if I start a new Mac project it offers the Apple Silicon option and builds a universal app.
I'm using Architecture ( in Build Settings ) of "Standard Architectures" and Base SDK set to "macOS" ( which is the only option show ).

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks, Brian
Xcode 12.2

Q