Xcode randomly modifies my scheme content

I'm struggling with maintaining source-controlled collaboration when Xcode just cannot make up its mind about how to generate the schemes. I don't edit the scheme and I get these sort of changes in git.

Code Block
<BuildableProductRunnable
runnableDebuggingMode = "0">

to:
Code Block
<RemoteRunnable
runnableDebuggingMode = "2"
BundleIdentifier = "com.apple.Carousel"
RemotePath = "/$(PRODUCT_NAME)">

It's pretty incomprehensible to me, but has anyone run into similar?

Accepted Reply

My ultimate solution was to untrack the scheme files by adding their folder to my gitignore, duplicating them to an adjacent folder, and writing a script which will copy the new folder's contents to the ignored folder (must be run locally for each developer).

Replies

Following up on my previous comment. The feedback request resolution now says: "Potential fix identified - In Xcode 14". I haven't found the time to test it in the Xcode 14 beta yet but hopefully our problems with this will be over this fall!

For my team this is happening still with Xcode 14.1 RC2 even though I removed the apple watch paired to the simulator I use.

I assume the workaround doesn't really work because of the new simulator selector.. as in there is another simulator picked by default with an Apple Watch paired with it. I will try by removing Apple Watch paired to all simulators