Xcode 12.0.1 can't use Core Data Model Editor

Hello,

I am having a serious problem with Xcode and can't seem to find a solution.

Since upgrading to Xcode 12.0.1 I can't edit core data models using the editor because it shows up buggy and kind of blank.

Xcode recognizes the .xcdatamodeld file but when I click to edit it - editor table view shows up buggy - none of the attributes are visible (but I can select them) - the lines splitting them only start at the mid point of the editor, and the plus button is split in half. This is true for all my projects - and I even made a few clean ones and same thing.

I have tried reinstalling and such but it seems to persist.

If anyone knows what I can do to solve this please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Stas

Replies

I have the same issue with Version 12.2 beta 2 (12B5025f).
I'm having the same problem. I remove the version 12.1 and reinstall the version 12.0 and still have the problem.
As a workaround you can change the editor to a graphic view on the right Botton corner. At least we can edit the entities and change the attributes.
Same here with 12.0.1 cannot use Core Data Models at all.
I have the same issue with 12.2 beta 2.
Reverting to any v12 doesn't help.
Creating a new project doesn't help.
Running a clean install of Big Sur current beta doesn't help.
Deleting all references to Xcode in System and User folders doesn't help.

Same issue, both Xcode 12 and 12.2 beta, reinstalling didn't help.
I just started experiencing this with Xcode 12.2b2. I can view and edit models using the graphical editor, but not the table based editor.

I tried to use VoiceOver to see if it was a dialog that could be dismissed, but I had no luck. I didn't have any luck even falling back to Xcode 12.0 (12A7209).
Same issue from yesterday, looks like a blank popup over the entity model editor.
Same with both 12.0.1 12A7300 (app store version) and 12.2 beta 2.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Mes0 Down vote reply of Mes0
Same issue with version 12.0.1 (12A7300)
Just ran in to this myself. Seemed to be fine before the last update to Big Sur. Glad I'm not going crazy
I'm having the same issue with Xcode Version 12.0.1 (12A7300).
And, it seems the issue appears after I upgraded to Big Sur 11.0 Beta (20A5384c).
I have same problem.

It seems to be a white tile in the front of the editor.
I have created a feedback entry for this. I hope everyone else does too
Same issue - it has become insanely difficult to do anything in Xcode on Big Sur.
I’ll throw-in my 2¢ worth; editing xcdatamodeld was fine until Xcode 12.2b2 and Big Sur latest beta.