Why can't Xcode 12 import this framework properly?

I'm trying to use the MIKMIDI framework. I'm using their source code because I want a particular tag. It builds fine, and passes its own tests. I drag it into the project, and it shows up in the Frameworks folder, but the compiler can't seem to find it. It's target membership is set correctly, Xcode *appears* to see it, and yet I get "No such module 'MIKMIDI'"

Replies

Are you looking at MIKMIDI.framework or MIKMIDI.xcframework file? For an Intel machine I went into the xcframework directory (obtained from the GitHub site ( MIKMIDI site ) marked as the MIKMIDI release 1.7.1 on 14-August-2020. I then extracted MIKMIDI.xcframework/macos-x86_64/MIKMIDI.framework and copies it to my project. I was then able to add the framework in my project. The executable in the framework is apparently Intel only rather than Universal (Intel plus ARM). Therefore, the build only works on an Intel machine. However, after creating the app on an Intel machine, I am able to copy it to an ARM MacBook Pro and execute it through Rosetta. (My project is BRossTools/BRossTools in BradleyRoss/ObjectiveC-Examples -- use the Playpen branch.)

Let me know if you have any luck building a Universal version of the MIKMIDI framework. Thanks.